Seven steps towards health and happiness in the lab
Reference Link: Fernando T. Maestre. Nature. 2018.
A productive lab need not be a negative environment and follow seven key principles as below;
- We are people before we are scientists.
- We are all in control of our own schedules.
- My lab members work with me.
- Everyone is doing a job just as important as everyone else’s.
- I never expect anyone to do the same as I do.
- I never compare anyone with anyone else.
- We all have deadlines.
The key to running a healthy and productive lab can be summarized in a single word: happiness.